Tuesday, October 04, 2005

This kind of criticism of Miers bothers me

A number of bloggers have made thoughtful criticisms of Harriet Miers' qualifications for SCOTUS.

Then there's this criticism today by Michelle Malkin:

Another grating phrase I keep hearing from the few diehard Bush supporters trying to salvage this nomination is that she "opened doors" for women. All well and good. But I repeat: This tells us nothing about Miers' judicial philosophy or temperament. We need strong conservative intellects on the court. Not bellhops.
Malkin's criticism isn't helpful; not least because it tells us more about Malkin than Miers.

1 comments:

Gun Trash said...

Yeah, I normally enjoy reading her blog and nod my head in agreement as I do. But, she's been pretty strident on this one. Not quite at the level of Pat Buchanan, but still... get a grip, Michelle.