Thursday, November 17, 2005

More on Truscott/New York Times falsehoods.

John in Carolina regulars know I've been dogging the New York Times to correct false statements it published in an June 28, 2005 op-ed. The false statements concern World War II Generals Bradley, Eisenhower, Marshall, Patton, and Truscott. I wasn't making much headway until this morning.

Then Kaboom! Betsy Newmark, guest blogging at Michelle Malkin, posted on my efforts and linked.

After a number of formal "We'll be back to you, maybe." emails from Times public editor Byron Calame I was able to speak with his associate, Joseph Plambeck, today (Calame is at a conference). I've been assured Calame will take a close look at the post and be back to me. I'll let you know right after I hear what I hear.

I want to stress that Plambeck made no commitment beyond saying he would make sure Calame gave the post a close look and made follow-up contact.

I've gotten many comments on the post via email but they are not registering at the post. I'm working to try to get that cleared up.

I'm in a time crunch now but will post more on all this tonight. Take a look in the morning. I'll have lots more to say then including an open email to Calame.

Meantime, many thanks to Betsy and Michelle.

I hope many of you email Calame at: public@nytimes.com

0 comments: