Saturday, February 25, 2006

To Congresswoman Sue “HELL NO” Myrick

Dear Congresswoman Myrick:

Concerning your February 22 letter to President Bush:

Dear Mr. President:

In regard to selling American ports to the United Arab Emirates, not just NO – but HELL NO.

Sincerely,

Sue Myrick
Member of Congress
Your letter has certainly gotten you a lot of attention.

On Feb. 23 The Raleigh News & Observer ran a photo copy across most of its front page and above the fold. I can’t remember the last time The N&O did that with a Member of Congress’ letter.

You are wrong about “selling American ports.” No ports will be sold and its nonsensical to think they could be.

Although The N&O didn’t mention your error, I assumed that by today, Feb. 25, you would have learned of it. But at 3:30 PM Eastern the main page of your Internet site, U. S. Representative Sue Myrick, still displays the letter with its major error.

Why is that? If you know of your error, shouldn’t there be something at your site informing constituents and others of it?

Have you asked your staff to keep a count of people who think your “not just NO – but HELL NO” to the President of the United States was rude? If so, please count me in.

I left two voicemails Friday with your Communications Director, Andy Polk, telling him I was planning to post on your letter. I’ve not heard back from him.

I hope you respond to the questions in this email which I’m posting at my blog.

I will post in full your response.

Sincerely,

John
www.johnincarolina.com

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know anything about this congresswoman, and while I agree she should correct the informaion to reflect the true situation, I don't see anything particularly rude about being emphatic in signaling your intense disagreement. The "Hell" was not a modifier applied to the president or the administratiion, but,rather, to her opinion as emphasis.

I have no particular problem with it. Though none of us should swear, none of us are so pure as to be ruined by hearing it from another.