Saturday, March 18, 2006

David Boyd on Yale Talibanitis

How can seemingly intelligent people raised in America embrace Taliban who want to enslave women and kill gays just for being gays? How can some people at Yale and elsewhere do that?

And why did The New York Times (fee for access), which usually supports everything feminists and gays advocate, pump out a "Rah-rah Taliban! Go Yale!" story?

David Boyd takes a crack at such questions. I hope you read what he says.

Then I hope you comment.

1 comments:

JWM said...

Dear fish,

I't nice hearing from you again.

You're right about the NYT not being open to criticism. They really keep the walls up.

That's one reason why they are stumbling so often.

I hope you keep commenting.

BTW - Starting later today, I plan to have go a few rounds with The Raleigh News & Observer on its treatment of the false AP "Bush knew " levee story.

I hope you look in.

Best,

John