Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Duke lacrosse Mom's letter disappears from McClatchy blog. Why?

Regular visitors to this blog know that yesterday the mother of one of the Duke lacrosse players spoke out in response to columns The McClatchy Company's Raleigh N&O news columnist Ruth Sheehan attacking the team.

The Mom spoke out at Sheehan's blog. Sheehan made a response.

I posted on all of that here: Duke lacrosse mother speaks out.

Now the Mom's letter and Sheehan's response have disappeared from Sheehan's blog; and I comment I left there yesterday has been moved.

What are The McClatchy Company and The N&O doing? Any suggestions?

I left the following comments at Sheehan's blog and at N&O executive editor for news Melanie Sill's blog.


Comment at Sheehan's blog:

(Sorry for punctuation errors. -- JinC)

Comment from: John [Visitor] · http://www.johnincarolina.com
04/04/06 at 09:53
Dear Ms. Sheehan:

As you know, yesterday a mother of one of the Duke Men's lacrosse players left a heartfelt and informative comment here at your blog. You put it in a post where you made a comment in response to the Mom.

Now the Mom comment and you post are no longer here.

What happened? Where are they?

I made a comment supportive of the Mom comment. It's been moved from where I left it and moved somewhere else here.

Again, what happened?

I've tried calling The N&O but have gotten no help.

Can you explain why you're post, the Mom comment and my comment have disappeared?

You can still find the Mom's comment and mine at a post at my blog.

Thank you.

John
________________________________________________________

Comment at Sill's blog:

Comment from: John [Visitor] · http://www.johnincarolina.com
04/04/06 at 10:40

Melanie,

The N&O has known for days about the discrepancy between what you reported the alleged victim said and what other news services, including Knight Ridder, reported her father said. But you've told readers nothing about the discrepancy. Why not? It's very important.

Yesterday at Ruth Sheehan's blog one of the Moms of a Duke Men's lacrosse player spoke out in response to Sheehan's columns attacking the team. Sheehan put the Mom's comment in a post in which she responded to the Mom. I made a comment as did others.

Now Sheehan's post and the Mom's comment have disappeared. So have at least two comments I recall seeing that were supportive of the Mom. My comment has been moved to another post.

What happened? Why have Sheehan's post and the Mom's column disappeared? Why did mine "move?"

It reminds me of the situation we had here at your blog back on Aug. 9 and 10 when readers called you out for statements you made about The N&O's failure to report the Air America loan scandal. A whole thread of readers’ comments, almost every one of which called attention to you false statements disappeared. It took a lot of effort by readers and I'm told some advice to you by attorneys before the readers' comments were put back up.

Please explain why Sheehan's post, the Mom's comment, and other comments have disappeared and why my comment was moved.

If you're interested in getting a look at the Mom's comment, I posted it yesterday in full at my blog: www.johnincarolina.com

Post title: Duke lacrosse mother speaks out.

Thank you.

John

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stalinism lives!

-AC