Thursday, November 02, 2006

Jon and Ta Raise A

A blog friend sent along this link to what’s fast becoming a famous photo of soldiers in Iraq ridiculing Sen. John Kerry for his disgraceful cheap shot at Americans serving there in our military.

The soldiers are holding a large banner with a message for Kerry. It begins: “HALP US JON CARRY.”

If you haven’t seen the photo, it’s a “must see” unless you believe most of MSM have no liberal/leftist bias.

The soldiers' banner reminded me of something that happened back in the late 1990s.

Talk was growing about Kerry as a future Democratic presidential candidate. Naturally, people were also talking more about Kerry’s wife.

Sometimes I’d hear Ms. Heinz Kerry referred to as “Ta ree sa;” other times I’d hear “Ta raise a.”

Which was it?

I asked a friend who “travels in Washington circles.”

“She pronounces it ‘Ta raise a',” he said.

I thanked him and said I hoped I could keep that straight.

“That should be easy, John. Just remember Kerry’s a Democrat so he wants ta raise a your taxes.”

I’ve kept it straight ever since.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just looked at the photo, John. Do you think the nuanced sonofabitch will understand it? That is, if he can get someone to decipher the big words for him.

Anonymous said...

I followed everything except the leftist/liberal thing. Makes you sound more like Rush than a thinking human being. Make an argument on facts, not unnecessarily trite statements. I expect more, based on the quality of your other work.

Not that I disagree, but I read you for substance, not schtick.