Monday, January 22, 2007

ALERT: JinC ERROR ON H-S STORY

I made a major error in this post: "H-S fakes and circulation declines."

My error was to claim that a case involving two NC AGAs was still being adjudicated by the NC Stete Bar; and then to say the Durham Herald Sun had ignored that and thereby created a fake story.

I made the mistake because I misread the date of this Raleigh N&O story.

What the H-S reported was correct. The unintentional false reporting was mine.

I apologize for my mistake to the H-S and to JinC readers.

I'm sending emails to H-S Editor Bob Ashley and Reporter John Stevenson acknowledging my error, apologizing and linking them to the correction.

You can read the post that contains my error here. (The post carries a correction update.)

I want to thank the Anon reader who called the error to my attention. I appreciate what Anon did. People like Anon who pick up on my errors help make this a better blog than it would otherwise be.

John

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If only H-S could be so noble.....

Anonymous said...

The difference here John is between mistake (yours) and (evil intent)theirs.

We would have been just as forgiving of the Herald-Sun and the N&O if they had made mistakes, and corrected them.

Keep up the good work. You're, by far, a more patient and respectful man than I. I am sick of these progeny of long lines of bachelors.

How did I do for being nicer?