Saturday, January 13, 2007

For Liestoppers pot luck

I'm looking forward to Liestoppers put luck. It looks likes a number of folks will be bringing some kind of cooked Nifong.

So I thought I'd bring something different. It's really a dish the folks at Liestoppers prepare often themselves: Roast Bob glazed with truth.

It's a very simple dish.

All you do is take fresh, false statements by Durham Herald Sun Editor Bob Ashley and add some truth. You prepare Bob’s statements just the way he makes them. Nothing artificial should be added. Just use all natural Bob.

You pour a truth glaze - use only facts - all over Bob and put him in a post. Then let him simmer there.

I must tell you, folks, when I first heard of this dish I didn't want to try it. Like so many others in Durham, I’ve been fed a lot of Bob; and whenever I am, I think back to my childhood when I was forced to eat fried liver.

But the addition of a truth glaze makes all the difference.

See you at the pot luck.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bob Ashley will likely get his day in court.

Anonymous said...

John, I'll be bringing my prize- winning Meehan casserole. I really don't like to share the recipe but if you insist...it will be somewhere in the 1500 page cookbook I'm sending to you.

JWM said...

Folks,

Very good and tasteful wit here.

John

Greg Toombs said...

Starting in just a few months it will be served cold.

Anonymous said...

Goose is always served nice with a glaze and Nifong cooked his own goose!