Sunday, February 04, 2007

Lax Support Walk: First report (updated)

Citizen journalist Locomotive Breath sends this report of today’s Walk in Durham in support of the three former Duke lacrosse players - David Evans, Collin Finnerty and Reade Seligmann - framed by DA Nifong and certain DPD police officers.

LB reports:

I was there. The walk went great.

Only local media: H-S, N&O, TVx3.

DPD had the route closed off and was stopping cross traffic. The only untoward incident I witnessed was a woman stopped in a cross street honked and yelled something out her window. (I don't think it was supportive.)

I counted 114 walkers on the turn into Campus Drive. Lots of lax parents and I talked to two of last year's seniors.
Thank you, LB.

Update at 2:45 PM on 2/4 - There was a second walk along a different route from the one NB reported on. His count doesn't include those walking the other route.

If someone can provide that information I'll post on the total count and whatever other news has come in by then.

0 comments: