Monday, August 04, 2008

Apology to ABC News & Martha Raddatz

Readers Note: The posts -- Raddatz, ABC News targets of bogus claim and Update re: Bogus claim targeting Raddatz, ABC News – contain background for the apology you’ll read below.

John
________________________________________________________

To: David Westin, President
Martha Raddatz, Chief White House Correspondent
ABC News

I want to apologize to you both and to the rest of your news team for my error in linking to the bogus McCain-54 story.

Once Martha Raddatz contacted me and I fact-checked, I recognized my error and its cause.

I’d been lazy and failed to do the fact-checking I should have done before posting.

I placed an error message in the title of my post and placed a readers' alert and explanation at the head of the post.

I’ll be more diligent in the future.

Thank you both for your understanding.

Sincerely,

John in Carolina
www.johnincarolina.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just before I read this post, an old friend sent me the Raddatz e-mail. I quickly replied that it was bogus.
Tarheel Hawkeye

Anonymous said...

Well, there's the wisdom of the old adage: "If it appears too good to be true, it probably is." Hence,
VERIFY!